We’d say we’re young and ambitious, but everyone says that. Instead, let us tell you what we do. We started as a company writing diabetes management software. That’s right, diabetes. Hence the ‚D’ in the name. But it can also stand for Data, which we meticulously analyze, process and transform. We specialize in providing services and products where there is a need for Data Science, Machine Learning and AI. Health, Physical fitness, Nutrition, Autonomous Vehicles, Ads and Marketing, Psychological Research, these topics have at least one thing in common: we’ve provided solutions for them. At every point in time, we have a bunch of long-term and short-term projects. Some of them are for external clients, some of them are our internal experiments. Some of them may grow up to be products, either commercial or open-source. We have a few tools and technologies we’re fond of, but we’re also open-minded about changing them when it’s suitable. Some of them: Python, Django, R, Angular, React Native, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes. Whether you’re already familiar with them or just curious to try them, just let us know. We’re no big corporation which means we can’t risk wasting our time. That’s why we want people to work smart, not hard. Not only focused on results but also the means of getting said results.
For this role, you should be
- A graduate with a Master Degree in Computer Science, Data Science or equivalent training and experience. Concentrations in AI/ML preferred. Ph.D. nice to have.
- Proficient with Python, R, and other important ML and analytics languages (e.g., Scala).
To really excel in this role, you should be
- Passionate about the application of Data Science to solve problems.
- Resourceful, able to drive towards results in a start-up style environment.
- Enthusiastic about sharing knowledge and collaborating with other teams.
- An enthusiastic self-starter and team player.
- An excellent analytical and problem-solver.
- Master degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent.
- 2+ years in designing, developing, integrating and running business, big data and/or data science applications.
- 6+ years of hands-on experience with developing machine learning solutions.
- Able to formulate hypotheses, test them and design roadmaps to achieve them.
- Ability to set proper business oriented KPI’s.
- Must be proficient with Python and/or R.
- Experience with design patterns and implementation and deployment of AI and/or data science products.
- Experience using Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Understanding and focus on business outcomes.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Ph.D. Computer Science or Mathematics.
- Background in Data Science, Mathematics or Statistics.
- Knowledge of data engineering and experience with big data.
- Linux and shell scripting expertise.
- Proficiency with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experienced in using AI/ML platforms, technologies, techniques (e.g., TensorFlow, Apache MXnet, Theano, Keras, CNTK, scikit-learn, H2O, Spark MLlib, etc.).
- Experience building applications based on Microservices Architecture.
- AWS Certification.